Brunswick Corporation : Brunswick Facilities Worldwide Achieve Safety Recognition
METTAWA, Ill., April 16, 2018 - Brunswick Corporation (NYSE: BC) announced today the recipients of its safety award program for 2017. The purpose of the program is to encourage, recognize and reward employees and facilities that have achieved outstanding safety and health performance through promoting and practicing safety awareness, ultimately minimizing workplace incidents and injuries.
All Brunswick manufacturing, engineering and distribution facilities worldwide are eligible for such recognition. In 2017, three facilities won the Chairman's Safety Award, and each will direct a $10,000 donation to a local charity of its choice.
In addition, the Company is recognizing three facilities with the Brunswick Award for Sustained Safety Performance to acknowledge operations that consistently achieve among the highest safety performance levels over a period of years. Each will direct a $2,500 donation to a local charity of its choice.
Additionally,16 facilities were recognized with Distinguished Safety Awards for their 2017 safety performance; and 27 facilities did not sustain any lost time incidents in 2017.
The Chairman's Safety Award is selected and presented by Brunswick senior management to the most outstanding performers. The separate Distinguished Safety Award designation is achieved by meeting specific safety performance results, which include incident rates and other Brunswick criteria.
The three facilities that have won the prestigious Chairman's Safety Award for 2017 include:
- Brookfield, Wis. - Mercury Marine Engineering
- Milton, Ontario, Canada - Mercury Marine Regional Distribution Center, and
- New York Mills, Minn. - Lund/Crestliner Boats
The three facilities recognized with the Brunswick Award for Sustained Safety Performance for 2017 include:
- Dandenong, Australia - Mercury Marine Regional Distribution Center
- Edgewater, Fla. - Brunswick Commercial and Governmental Products, and
- Taycheedah, Wis. - Mercury 36 Racing
The 16 Brunswick manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide that were cited with the Distinguished Safety Award for their safety performance in 2017 included:
- Dandridge, Tenn. - Brunswick Recreational Boats
- Delavan, Wis. - Life Fitness
- Eagan, Minn. - Land 'N' Sea
- Fond du Lac, Wis. - Mercury Marine Engineering
- Franklin Park, Ill. - Life Fitness
- Grand Rapids, Mich. - Land 'N' Sea
- Juarez, Mexico - Mercury Marine
- Langley, British Columbia, Canada - Mercury Marine Regional Distribution Center
- Lebanon, Mo. - Lowe Boats
- Miami, Fla. - Mercury Marine Regional Distribution Center
- Norfolk, Va. - Land 'N' Sea
- Pompano Beach, Fla. - Land 'N' Sea
- Reynosa, Mexico - Bayliner Boats
- Shreveport, La. - Land 'N' Sea
- St. Paul Park, Minn. - Garelick, and
- Suzhou, People's Republic of China - Mercury Marine
"Each day we strive to ensure the safety of our employees and the communities in which they live and work. Safety is everyone's responsibility and concern at Brunswick. Our congratulations to these facilities and their employees on their tremendous accomplishments," Brunswick Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Mark D. Schwabero said.
Headquartered in Mettawa, Ill., Brunswick Corporation's leading consumer brands include Mercury and Mariner outboard engines; Mercury MerCruiser sterndrives and inboard engines; MotorGuide trolling motors; Attwood, Garelick and Whale marine parts and accessories; Land 'N' Sea, Kellogg Marine, Lankhorst Taselaar, Payne's Marine and BLA parts and accessories distributors; Bayliner, Boston Whaler, Brunswick Commercial and Government Products, Crestliner, Cypress Cay, Harris, Lowe, Lund, Meridian, Princecraft, Quicksilver, Rayglass, Sea Ray, Thunder Jet and Uttern boats; Life Fitness, Hammer Strength, Cybex, Indoor Cycling Group and SCIFIT fitness equipment; and Brunswick billiards tables, accessories and game room furniture. For more information, visit http://www.brunswick.com.
|Contact: Daniel Kubera|
|Director - Media Relations and Corporate Communications|